I love half bottles, they are so flexible for food and wine matching as well as limiting your consumption and being a perfect size for a couple to enjoy. I also love innovative gift ideas. So when India Munari told me about this initiative from Heathcote’s leading women in wine I was happy to promote it. They have released a 12 days of Christmas Wine Calendar. This wine lover’s version of an advent calendar features 12 elegant half-bottles of premium Heathcote wines hidden behind 12 secret doors. This marks the second release, following a successful & sold-out calendar in 2020. The launch of the 2021 Wine Calendar follows a handful of other initiatives launched by the Heathcote Women in Wine this year. Despite the challenges of lockdown, the group successfully launched their own Cellar Door Wine Trail, an exclusive regional wine dinner and collaborative mixed wine packs.
This bespoke Wine Calendar includes 12 individual half bottles (375ml) from six of the region’s most celebrated producers:
● Sanguine Estate ● Silver Spoon Estate
● Munari Wines ● Vinea Marson
● Farmer & The Scientist and ● Armstead & ECK Wines
The “12 days of Christmas” Wine Calendar is $199 plus $15 flat rate delivery. With less than 100 made. To order visit https://www.facebook.com/heathcotewomeninwine or any of the individual winery websites for purchase information.
Available between October 18th – November 14th. Wine Calendars will be shipped from November 15th.
MORE ABOUT THE PACKS:
● Majority of the wines are brand new releases which have never been tasted.
● Wines from Munari Wines, Sanguine Estate and Vinea Marson have been recently tasted and featured on my website wine reviews, as well as recommended wineries to visit in Heathcote region.
● You can scan the QR code in the box to learn more about your wine each day which is cool.
● Handy tasting notes will be revealed in a special top secret envelope included in the box